Grants & Awards
The SMLC is proactively pursuing funding opportunities to support development programs in two major areas:
- Development of the reference interoperability architecture and common infrastructure elements that comprise the Smart Manufacturing Platform. The common elements include, generalized Apps, algorithms to develop reduced order models, toolkits to develop management dashboards and key performance indicators, and the work flow tools required to assemble customized modeling and control systems.
- In conjunction with manufacturing partners, development of Smart Manufacturing systems and demonstration of their capability in test beds in actual manufacturing environments. Demonstration projects can be customized to achieve selected goals for a specific manufacturing operation, and generally develop, deploy, and operate sensor driven modeling, measurement, and simulation systems in conjunction with the Smart Manufacturing Platform.
Awards & Recognition
Access a description of the following projects.
- NIST Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program - "Workflow of Apps"
- NIST Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program - “Workflow Engine for Smart Manufacturing”
- DOE - Clean Manufacturing Award 2013 - "The Smart Manufacturing Project", a $10 million dollar project to develop the nation's first open smart manufacturing technology platform for collaborative industrial networked information applications.
- NIST 2013-2016 - Measurement Science and Engineering (MSE) Research Grant Program, “Mapping Smart Manufacturing System Architectural Drivers to Smart Factory Architectural Requirements: An SMLC-NIST Partnership Study
- NSF 2012- Bridging Campus Resources via GENI Project, "EAGER Bridging Campus Resources via GENI and OpenFlow"
- DOE 2012 - Innovative Manufacturing Initiative (IMI)
- NSF 2008-2010 - Smart Manufacturing: An Engineering Virtual Organization to Develop a Technology Roadmap